National Informatics Center, Bongaigaon:
National Informatics Centre (NIC), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Govt. of India is providing network backbone and e-Governance support to Central Government, State Governments, UT Administrations, Districts and other Government bodies It offers a wide range of ICT services including Nation wide Communication Network for decentralised planning, improvement in Government services and wider transparency of national and local Governments. NIC assists in implementing Information Technology Projects, in close collaboration with Central and State Governments, in the areas of
- Centrally sponsored schemes and Central sector schemes
- State sector and State sponsored projects and
- District Administration sponsored projects.
NIC endeavours to ensure that the latest technology in all areas of IT is available to its users.
NIC District Unit, Bongaigaon
The Department is equipped with the state of the art infrastructure for implementing ICT (Information and Communication Technology) in the district. NIC is providing internet services to all the magistrate chambers including Video Conference Hall, PFC Center, Election Branch and all other branches of the District Administration. As an initiative of e-governance Govenment has introduced varios ICT Projects.Constant Tehcnical Support has been provided to various State & Central Govt. Department to implement ICT Projetcs. Example
- Transport Project “VAHAN and SARATHI”.
- Land Records Computerisation (LRC) Project.
- Computerization of Registration Department (“Panjeeyan”).
- MIS for Revenue Department.
- NADRAS Project.
- NFSA Digitization.
- ERCMS (Existing Ration Card Management System) for FCS & CA Department
- Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System (CPGRAMS)
- Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS).
- Immigration, Visa and Foreigner’s Registration & Tracking (IVFRT).
- Jeevan Pramaan, Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners.
- Initiative under Digital India
- National Database for Arms License(NDAL)
- Public Grievance Redressal System(PGRS)
- Bakijai Management System.
- Updation of District Web-Site.
- ICT for Deputy Commissioner’s Office.
- Video Conference
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarntee Act 2005(MGNREGA)
- National Social Assistant Programe (NSAP)
To Know More Visit https://www.nic.in/